- A permit application must be completed and fee paid before any sale is conducted. The cost for the permit is a $10 fee.
- It is a requirement of garage and yard sale permits that the names and addresses of all participating persons be listed on the application. The permit must be posted at a visible location to the traveling public for the duration of the sale.
- The sale cannot be for more than three (3) consecutive days.
- No person shall be issued more than two (2) garage and yard sale permits within a calendar year for any one location.
- The person to whom the permit is issued and the person conducting the sale and the owner, tenant or occupant of the premises where the sale or activity is conducted shall be jointly and severally responsible for the maintenance of good order and decorum on the premises during the hours of such sale or activity. No person shall permit any loud or boisterous conduct on such premises or permit vehicles to impede the passage of the traffic on any roads or streets in the area of the premises where the sale is being conducted.
- Be advised that temporary yard or garage sale signs shall not be displayed for more than seventy two (72) hours, that the total area of such signs shall not exceed nine (9) square feet, and that not more than two (2) signs shall be displayed for any sales event. No such signs shall be attached to any utility pole or street sign.
- Sale CANNOT be conducted on the “PUBLIC SIDEWALK”.
- Any person violating provisions of ordinance and above stated shall be subject to a fine.
NOTE: ABOVE REGULATIONS AS PER ORDINANCE 2009-1.