The purpose for which the ACBA was formed is:
- To share information among its members related to the health, safety, welfare, economics, management and governance of each borough that enhances the quality of life for their residents.
- To provide a forum for its members to respond to issues of common concern.
- To promote constructive and cooperative relationships among Adams County boroughs and between the ACBA and other local, county and state entities to better serve their residents.
- To provide representation on Adams County entities (council of governments, committees, advisory boards, etc.) and the Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs (PSAB).
- To recommend legislation beneficial to boroughs as well as to oppose legislation that may be detrimental to boroughs.
- To implement the aims and objectives for which the PSAB has been formed.