The Adams County Veterans Affairs Office can assist with the application process for several Pennsylvania State Benefits for veterans.
Pennsylvania State Veteran Benefits include the following:
- Veterans Emergency Assistance
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania provides temporary emergency funds for the necessities of life to assist honorably discharged Pennsylvania veterans of any war or armed conflict, or the widow and infant child or dependents of such veterans who are sick or disabled and who are without means. Contact the Adams County office to determine eligibility and to apply.
- Educational Gratuity
- Free/Discounted hunting and fishing licenses.
- Real Estate Tax Exemption Pennsylvania provides tax exemption for 100% permanent and total service connected disabled veterans who reside in the Commonwealth and have a financial need.
- Paralyzed veterans pension
- Pennsylvania provides pension benefits for veterans who served honorably and were residents of the Commonwealth upon entering the military and suffered a service connected injury or disease resulting in a the permanent loss of or the loss of use of two or more extremities (arms/hands or legs/feet)
- Vehicle registration for 100% disabled veterans and Ex-POW and Purple Heart recipients and parking placards for disabled veterans
Contact our office to ensure you have all the required forms and eligibility in order to qualify and apply