- Military Waiver - To be eligible, an angler must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident, be on active duty, be stationed outside of PA, and be here on authorized leave. Also, proof of requirements must be carried such as a PA driver's license, military ID card, and valid military orders showing the place of assignment and leave status. While fishing, military ID must be displayed in the same way as a fishing license.
- Military members who are stationed in Pennsylvania under PCS orders for 6 months or more, with documentation, qualify for a resident fishing license. All others must obtain a non-resident or tourist license.
- *Guard & Reserve members qualify for the special rate if they have been deployed overseas for at least 60 consecutive days, within the previous 24 months, with documentation.
- Annual Resident POW License - Applicant must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident and provide official military documentation that applicant is a former prisoner of war.
- Senior Resident Lifetime POW License - Applicant must be a bona fide Pennsylvania resident, meet the age requirement, and provide official military documentation that applicant is a former prisoner of war.
A person fishing in a lake or impoundment designated as "approved trout waters" is required to have a current trout/salmon permit if he or she takes, kills, or possesses a trout or salmon.
*Fishing licenses are also available at most local sporting goods stores or online through the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission's Outdoor Shop.