The 2020 Census counts every person living in the 50 states, District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories, only once, and in the right place. The 2020 Census is easy, confidential, and important.
Once a decade, America comes together to participate in the decennial census. This census provides the basis to:
- Reapportion Congressional seats
Redraw state legislative districts
- Determine the amount of funding vital to state, county, & community programs
- Assist local governments in planning for public safety and emergency preparedness
- Help businesses decide where to locate new offices, stores, and factories, which create jobs
It is our goal to have everyone in Adams County counted in 2020! #AdamsCountyCounts
During the December 18, 2019 Commissioner's meeting, the Adams County Commissioners read the Proclamation "Supporting the 2020 Census".
Curious to see how your municipality is responding? The Census Bureau is mapping self-response rates.
* Some of the collection dates have been adjusted due to COVID-19, see which operations have been delayed.
- All census takers will be trained on social distancing protocols. They will be issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will follow local guidelines for their use.
- The census taker will ask you a few questions and enter your answers on their secure Census Bureau phone.
- If you’re not home when the census taker visits, they will leave a notice of their visit with information about how to respond online or by phone.
- If someone visits your home to collect a response for the 2020 Census, you can do the following to verify their identity:
- First, check to make sure that they have a valid ID badge, with their photograph, a U.S. Department of Commerce watermark and an expiration date.
- If you still have questions about their identity, you can contact your regional census center to speak with a Census Bureau representative.
Adams County Complete Count Committee
Adams County has formed a Complete Count Committee. This committee is comprised of a team of community organizations and leaders whose goal is to increase awareness and motivate residents to respond to the 2020 Census.
Click here to learn more about the Complete Count Committee.