The 2020 Census counts every person living in the 50 states, District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories, only once, and in the right place. The 2020 Census is easy, confidential, and important.
Once a decade, America comes together to participate in the decennial census. This census provides the basis to:
- Reapportion Congressional seats
- Redraw state legislative districts
- Determine the amount of funding vital to state, county, & community programs
- Assist local governments in planning for public safety and emergency preparedness
- Help businesses decide where to locate new offices, stores, and factories, which create jobs
It is our goal to have everyone in Adams County counted in 2020! #AdamsCountyCounts
During the December 18, 2019 Commissioner's meeting, the Adams County Commissioners read the Proclamation "Supporting the 2020 Census".
Census Day is April 1, 2020. In March 2020, invitations will be sent to homes encouraging them to participate in the 2020 Census. Households have the option of responding online, by mail, or by phone. Learn more about how the 2020 Census will invite everyone to respond.
Adams County is in the process of forming a Complete Count Committee. This committee is comprised of a team of community organizations and leaders whose goal is to increase awareness and motivate residents to respond to the 2020 Census. The group will also focus on outreach to hard-to-count areas to help ensure a complete and accurate count in Adams County.