The Adams County Conservation District’s (District) annual scholarship program was renamed the Mildred Musselman Environmental Education Scholarship (MMEE Scholarship) to memorialize Mildred Musselman, a former Adams County Conservation District employee. Mildred was dedicated to protecting natural resources, raising conservation awareness, and increasing environmental education in Adams County.
The MMEE Scholarship may award up to $500 per year to students interested in attending an eligible environmental education program. To be eligible, the student must be currently enrolled or entering grades 9-12 and live in Adams County, PA. The maximum reimbursement per student is $250 per year and must be approved by the District Board of Directors (Board) prior to attending the eligible program.
Eligible Programs include but are not limited to:
• Future Farmers of America - National Convention
• Goddard Leadership Legacy Institute
• Rivers Conservation and Fly-Fishing Camp
• Penn State Conservation Leadership School
How to Apply
Students desiring to apply to this scholarship must complete the MMEE Scholarship application. Applications received will be considered by the District Board at their following monthly Board meeting. The applicant will be notified of the District’s decision within one week following the monthly Board meeting.
Additional Requirements for Reimbursement:
- Proof of payment of the program registration fee must be provided in an amount that is equal to or exceeds the amount requested.
- Student must attend a monthly District Board meeting to provide a brief presentation highlighting their experiences/what they learned at the program and have their picture taken with the Board Chair.