Located on the property of the historic County Alms House, the Agricultural and Natural Resources Center (Ag Center) opened its doors in June 2000 with the help of a local capital campaign; the goal being to get all local agricultural and natural resource agencies in one location. This one-stop shop has been valued by the community ever since. The handicap-accessible 32,000 sq. ft. building mimics a barn and includes an elevator resembling a silo. The Center’s agricultural-themed architecture serves as a reminder of the agricultural roots of Adams County.
The agencies located within the Ag Center include:
- Adams County Conservation District
- Adams County Office of Planning and Development
- Penn State Cooperative Extension of Adams County
- Land Conservancy of Adams County
- United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service
- United States Department of Agriculture - Farm Service Agency