Anyone wishing to marry in Pennsylvania
- Applicants may apply in any county within Pennsylvania and use the license in any County. Contact the county where you plan to apply for application requirements.
- Applicants must submit the application online. A tracking number will be assigned and you will need to provide that number to the office upon completing the application process. NOTE: Be sure to enter full addresses and names when applying.
- DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, YOU MUST SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH OUR OFFICE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS BY VIDEO. DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR MORE INFORMATION and to schedule an appointment. https://apps.myocv.com/share/a39617325Q
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a marriage license.
- Applicants must have VALID identification which may be a driver's license, military or PennDOT photo ID.
- Birth Certificates are required only when applicants have none of the above. ID must be in English or accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Applicants must provide a Social Security number (federal and state mandates for U.S. citizens). If you lost your card you must contact the Social Security office for WRITTEN verification.
- Be prepared to furnish the full name, mailing address (including city, state, zip), occupation, and birthplace of each parent.
Previously married? You must provide CERTIFIED COPY of the divorce/death certificate.
Pennsylvania does not require premarital blood testing or physical examinations.
WHEN TO APPLY?
Application must be made within 60 days of the wedding date. Marriage license are valid for 60 days from the date of issuance and may be used anywhere in PA. PA law requires a minimum 3 day waiting period after the application is made before a license can be issued. WHO MAY NOT MARRY?
Persons related by blood as first cousins or closer may not marry in PA. Other prohibitions and policies are available in the Clerk of Courts office Read More...