42 Pa.C.S.A. § 2776 list the matters or documents filed in the office of The Clerk of the Orphans' Court division. All matters to be heard or determined in The Orphans' Court division of The Court of Common Pleas shall be filed in or transferred to the office of The Clerk of The Orphans' Court division.
42 Pa.C.S.A. § 2777 lists the powers and duties of the office of The Clerk of the Orphan's Court division:
- Administer oaths and affirmation and take acknowledgements, but shall not be compelled to do so in any matter not pertaining to the proper business of the office.
- Affix and attest the seal of the Court or Courts to all the process thereof and to the certifications and exemplification of all documents and records pertaining to the office of The Orphan's Court division and the business of the division.
- Enter all orders of the Court determined in the division, including judgments by confession.
- Enter all satisfactions of judgments entered in the office.
- Exercise the authority of The Clerk of the Orphan's Court division as an officer of the Court.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may now or hereafter be vested in or imposed upon the office by law, home rule charter, order of rule of Court, or ordinance of a County governed by a home rule charter or optional plan of government.