Certification of Marriage
Certification of Marriage
In Adams County, the marriage license fee includes one certified copy of a marriage license which will be mailed to you within 5 days of the duplicate being filed in the Clerk of Courts Office. 

If additonal certified copies are required, go to our online web portal, create an account, search for the record, request, and print a certified copy.  

Marriages prior to 2012 may need to be entered into our system before you can obtain your certified copy.  Please call the office at 717-337-9806 ext 1010 or 1002 if you are unable to request a certified copy.  

Foreign Countries
Marriage Certifications needed for use by foreign countries must be signed by the Clerk of Orphans' Court.  Deputy signatures are not accepted.  Please let the staff know you require a certification signed by the Clerk for use in a foreign country.
You may also need to contact the Department of State or US Department of State - Authentication Office. 
Letter of Non-Impediment
Persons wanting a letter of non-impediment can obtain more information at either Vital Records or the US Embassy (US Dept. of State) This document is to confirm there is no record of marriage.

Contact Information:

Department of State
North Office Building  
Room 305       
Harrisburg PA    
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Authentication Office
US Department of State
518 23rd St NW
State Annex #1
Washington DC
#6 for information to
see if your country
requires this certification
General Information